Getting a pop up message saying to connect to iTunes to use push notifications what can you do to fix this ?
Some time this occurs if the user’s device is missing an authentication token. It can sometimes be resolved by:
- Connect device to computer & open iTunes
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet & the iTunes store will load
- Sync the iOS device
If above method does not work, following method will definitely solve this problem.
Re-install iOS 7
Easiest way to do it is by connecting your iPhone, iPad, iPod or iPad mini to itune.
- choose your iDevice and under summery>backups, choose This computer.
- Click Backup now from Manually backup and restore. This will Save your current data(images, apps, messages, settings) everything to computer.
- After completing backup. Click Restore iPhone from top right. It will download latest iOS 7 and install to your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod).
- After restore complete you can restore your backup by clicking Restore backup from Manually back up and restore.
This will restore your all data (images, apps, messages, settings) and the “Connect to iTunes to use push notifications” pop up and other problems will solved.