2019 had given us a lot of treats in the department of automobile, to the department of the electronic devices. The devices kept coming and we had to keep adapting to newer changes. From the tear drop camera to the hole in the screen camera to the camera that popped up only when in use, the selfie game of the phones kept us on our toes. All the while the growing necessity of having a sustainable phone that was always within the budget to having features similar to flagships, we had them all. We even had to look into phones that were made specifically for gaming and even had to look into what these gaming mobiles could do except only gaming. With all these in mind, Here we have our picks on some of the best phones that we got our hands on in the year 2019.
One Plus 7 Pro:
One Plus Pro 7 had been released all over the world in 2019. The phone is one of the more cost effective phones out in the market. The phone has its own Fnatic mode that optimizes the games performance and has a very strong cooling embedded to the processor of the phone. Below are the specifications of the cellphone:
- Body: 6 x 75.9 x 8.8 mm (6.40 x 2.99 x 0.35 in), Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Display: Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 6.67 inches, 108.8 cm2 (~88.1% screen-to-body ratio), 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~516 ppi density), Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 90Hz
- Dual rear camera: 48 MP, f/1.6, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS8 MP, f/2.4, 78mm (telephoto), 3x zoom, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS,16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); OxygenOS 9.5.11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed), 30W ( Warp Charging)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0.
The last on this list the Oppo R15 that has recently come into the 5G territory and making its mark already. Oppo is known for providing very cost effective cellphones and the new rendition of the Oppo R15 that supports 5G is nothing to look down on. The phone comes packed with Android 8.1 (Oreo), 16MP rear camera with 5 MP depth sensor, an Octa-core processor. Mediatek MT6771 chipset, it has the AMOLED capacitive display touchscreen 16M colors. With corning gorilla glass 5 as the screen protector. It supports upto 256 GB of SDcard but takes up the sim card slot for the insertion of the SDcard. The front camera or the selfie camera is 20 MP. The phones display size is 155.1 x 75.2 x 7.4 mm (6.11 x 2.96 x 0.29 in), and has an aluminium body. It comes in the colors Hot red, Snow white, Star purple and Fantasy pink.
XIAOMI K20 PRO:
This is one of those flagship type of phones of Xiaomi. Even though the phone is a flagship, the price is relatively low. The specifications of the phone is nearly identical to that of the new One plus 7 and 7 pro. The phone is cheaper compared to the one plus phones but wont disappoint you as the features it has is nearly identical to the phones mentioned above. The specifications of the phone itself are listed below:
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back
- Display: 39″ AMOLED, notch-free, 2,340×1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant
- Triple rear camera: Wide – 48MP f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF, Telephoto – 8MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, 2x zoom, Ultra-wide – 13MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, [email protected]
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up 20MP, 0.8µm pixel size, f/2.2; 1080p/30fps video recording, drop detection
- OS: Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10 with Poco launcher 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold + 3×2.42 Kryo 485 Gold + 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 64/128GB storage or 8GB of RAM, 128/256GB storage
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed),18W fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.15/13 (800Mbps/150Mbps), USB-C,Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader,single down-firing speaker, 3.5mm jack
The price of this phone is between 300$-370$, which is relatively cheaper than a phone that costs nearly 800+$ for the same specifications. This phone is a bang for buck kind of a phone, with all the features packed into it.
SAMSUNG GALAXY A50:
Samsung Galaxy A50 the mid-range phone from Samsung. The galaxy series is some what of a flagship series. But the flagship series is normally called as the Galaxy S series. The S series is a high flagship series. The A series is their their mid ship series. Mid ship is a series that the phone is packed with a lot of features from the flagship phones. The following are the specifications of the A50:
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic frame and back
- Screen: 4″ Super AMOLED, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, FullHD+ (1080 x 2340 px)
- Rear cameras: 25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Video capture: [email protected]
- Front camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, fixed-focus
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 Octa (10nm), octa-core processor (4xCortex-A73 + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- Memory: 4GB of RAM + 64GB storage / 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage, Up to 512GB microSD card support
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Samsung One UI on top
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Ion, 15W quick charge
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM/ Single-SIM options available, LTE, USB 2.0 Type-C, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS + GLONASS + BDS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Misc: Single bottom-firing speaker, Under-display fingerprint reader
XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 7:
The Redmi Note 7 was a flagship phone that Xiaomi had come up with. But even if it was a flagship phone the price was relatively less than compared to the phones with the same specifications. This phone shares the same chipset with the Xiaomi Mi 8 lite. But the only difference among the two is that Redmi Note 7 has a bigger battery capacity making it last longer than the Xiaomi Mi 8. The specifications of the phone is listed below :
- Body:2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm, 186 grams, Gorilla Glass 5 back, polycarbonate side frame.
- Screen: 6.3″ IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340px resolution (19.5:9); ~409 ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) chipset: octa-core CPU (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260); Adreno 512
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB built-in storage, microSD slot support (takes the second SIM slot).
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Rear camera: 48MP f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF support, 5MP depth sensor, LED flash, [email protected]/60/120fps video recording, EIS
- Front camera: 13MP, [email protected] video recording
- Battery: 4,000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0 support 18W (9V/2A)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.12 download/ Cat.13 upload, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band MIMO, 2×2 antennas, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 2.0
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, FM radio support
We hope that the year 2020 and other more coming years, have us on our toes for the advancement in technologies. We will keep you posted as newer technologies emerge and it intrigues us even more.