I am setting wordpress 2.8.4 for my client. Actually I don’t want CATEGORY base like(www.mysite.com/category/something/) in my new site as SEO issue. So, I want to remove category from wordpress categories. I want my address to be like this(www.mysite.com/something/). I search lot on internet and finally I come up with this final trick, which is easy to do and don’t need any plugin . This is simply a twik in wordpress admin file. This twik work with Next page issue as well like (www.mysite.com/something/page/2/). You just need to add some line of code in admin file.
Here is what I did and I’ve fooled around with mine enough to where I think it works right. First some caveats:
1) I didn’t change any code inside the theme so this shouldn’t matter.
2) I don’t use subcategories so I don’t know if that works or not.
3) My permalink structure is set at /%category%/%postname%/ – if yours is different, you’ll probably need to tweak it, or it may work for you as well.
4) This isn’t a plugin (yet, I might get around to doing that but I have never written a plugin before and I wanted to get this out now). This means when you upgrade WordPress, you have to insert the code again.
So, here is the solution.
1) In wp-includes/category-template.php search for the following line of code:
सयौ थुङ्गा फूलका हामी एउटै माला नेपाली, Welcome to my webpage. I'm from the Himalayan Country of Nepal. Well talking about me, I like mostly Web programming and Designing and furthermore I like Philosophical literature, Photography, Social networking. And I am Romantic and Sentimental person to some extent. Read more...