Our culture is old and based on Lunar calendar. We need lunar calendar for festival fixing, birthday, shradha and any other religious activity day fixation. So we cannot abide by lunar calendar. Monthly data for technical purpose is very important, it should be standard, and fixed on fixed days principle, hence we need fixed days month system calendar for technical development. Now a days most of the work is done in Roman calendar system, because fixed days month is used. So our calendar should be easily convertible to Roman calendar system. We cannot use Roman calendar itself, because it does not have any connection with lunar calendar. So these are three basis for our modern calendar system.
From this point of view, I suggest following solar calendar for using helping or supplementary to our nation originated Nepal sambat calendar.
Powered by Nepal Panchang
- Kachhala: 31 days (Karunamayala, 1st ta coincide with 30 October)
- Thila: 30 days (Bright sky month)
- Pohela: 31days( Hail and snow pouring month, It is mostly January month)
- Silla: 30 days (Small pox disease goddess Sitalamayila and +1day in leap year( for year exactly divisible by 4))
- Chilla: 30days ( Chirswayegula, fagu month)
- Chola: 31 days(Jamachola,Jamacho opening for general mass, (Balaju mela))
- Bachhala: 30 days (Fist month of BikraM SAMBAT)
- Tachhala: 30 days (First month of Tathagat(Buddha) sambat)
- Dela: 31 days (National importance month)
- Gunla: 30days (Ancestral rememberance month)
- Yanla: 30 days (Yansithanigula, Indrajatra month_)
- Koula: 31 days (Monila, Dashain month)
In this calendar all the needs are fulfilled. New year day Kachhala 1 ta will coincide with 30th October (Nhuda )(Kachhalathoya pratipada) lies between 19th October and 16th November). Nepal sambat divisible by 4 will be leap year and Silla will change to 31 days month in leap year only. It directly contacts with Nepal sambat by the same month names as for lunar calendar. It becomes fixed days month system. Feb 29th and Silla 31st coincide so that date in ta and date in tarikh becomes the pair for every year. So it can be easily convertible to international system. Our Nepal sambat as lunar calendar run as it is. So it becomes sister calendar to existing Nepal sambat calendar.
Also read about
What Nepal sambat new solar calendar does?
It does everything, Bikram sambat, Roman calendar does. Bikram sambat is a variable days month system, which should be changed to fixed days month system. This new calendar does the work as gate does in ta system for solar calendar. In Roman calendar a year means 365.2425 days period, which is taken as a period of rotation of earth around sun for complete rotation. It is used in this calendar also by taking leap year in year divisible by 4. First month 4 corner month of elliptical path of earth are taken as 31 days month. It does not have exceptional 28 days month. So it is uniform and easy to remember. Existing Nepal sambat calendar is a pure lunar calendar. It does have some disadvantages as any lunar calendar have. For improving it, it need solar system calendar help also, which this new calendar acts. This calendar keeps contact with lunar calendar, only by its monthly names, so works as helping, supplementary sister calendar to existing Nepal sambat calendar.
By Labalal Pradhan