Internet attack is now everywhere. In my office network facebook is blocked. Countries such as China, Saudi Arabia, North Korea etc. routinely block many websites. Entire blogger.com and similar blog sites were banned in India too. Even in Nepal on world link network some time some ip are blocked, so entire website hosted on that restricted ip are not accessible form that network. So it is no wonder that many of us are looking for ways to access blocked websites.
Last week I did an hanging with various methods available for bypassing website access restrictions. I have shortlisted them below as ” Top 10 methods to access banned websites”.
Top Ten methods to access banned websites
1. Use IP address – This is the simplest way to bypass domain name based access restrictions. Instead of the domain name such as www.webstuffscan.com use the direct IP address. To find the IP address use one of the free host to IP online conversion tools such as this.
2. Use Google cache – If you are not bothered whether the content is latest on a site, Google cache is best. Do a Google search for the site and then click on the cached link below the search results.
3. Use an Anonymizer – In this method you access a third party site which in turn routes your request to the required server. Some services provide URL encryption also. The problem is that most of these servers are no longer free. Do a google search for the latest list as this is a very dynamic area Following are some services which still works(free!),
Daily Best Links – Hides original URL and provides an array of access of options. The is one of the best free servers. Anonymouse – This works, but URL is visible and hence may be blocked by the filtering software
5. Use Google Mobile search – Google mobile search works, but output may not be optimal. This is very similar to using a Web proxy.
6. Use a public Proxy server – There are many free proxy servers out in the Web. Note that in order to use these you have to change internet connection settings in Internet Explorer or whatever browser you use. This is one such list.
7. Get web pages via email – This is useful if you need a single Web page. Obviously accessing large files is not possible. Given below are some examples.
9. Use Tor Distributed Proxy – Tor is an advanced proxy server using multiple anonymous servers for a single Web request. This requires an application to be downloaded and installed.
8. Your own proxy server – This is an advanced technique and is probably the best. This requires your own proxy server hosted either at your home or at a hosting service provider. You can enable SSL encryption and prevent any snooping on the content as well. Also put some access control, otherwise someone can find the service and misuse it (Trust me, there are many who are looking for such an opportunity!).
10. Use alternate content providers – When everything fails, you can use alternate service providers. For example if Gmail is blocked at your place, you can take another obscure mail address and enable email forward at Gmail.
Be careful when you are using public proxy servers. It is possible for the guy who is hosting the service to snoop on the data that is passing through. So I wouldn’t recommend putting any important information such credit card details when you are using public proxy server method.
सयौ थुङ्गा फूलका हामी एउटै माला नेपाली, Welcome to my webpage. I'm from the Himalayan Country of Nepal. Well talking about me, I like mostly Web programming and Designing and furthermore I like Philosophical literature, Photography, Social networking. And I am Romantic and Sentimental person to some extent. Read more...